Watch PropertyThe Former Kinnaird Parish Church, Kinnaird, Carse of Gowrie PH14 9QY

Commercial - Offers Over £75,000

Property Description

A church was first recorded at Kinnaird in 1153. It was rebuilt in 1674, and then again in 1815. The current building is of traditional red sandstone with a slate roof which was re-slated in 2014. It retains all its original nineteenth-century architectural features, including a birdcage belfry at the west gable with a still functioning bell. The beautiful arched windows have leaded panes of multicoloured glass, flooding the nave with light, and openable circular vents at the top of the east and west gable windows. The original timber pews match the panelling of the walls and have fitted cushions and under-pew electric heating. At the pulpit end is a carpeted raised platform with underfloor heating, which could function as a stage.

The old timber front door, with quatrefoils above to give the building a medieval appearance, opens into the wood-panelled vestry area, which has a separate kitchen with a fitted base sink unit, hot and cold water, and storage cupboards. Two substantial timber doors hung with crimson velvet drapes open into the nave from the vestry area.

A recent brick single-storey extension to the west gable houses an accessible WC, wash basin, electric wall heater, a small Vesta boiler for hot water, and the water filtration system.

Perth & Kinross Council granted Planning Consent in April 2023 (Ref No. 22/02200/FLL and Listed Building Consent Ref No. 22/02201/LBC) for Change of Use, and Alterations to Form a Dwelling House.

The boundaries are the church's footprint, with prescriptive rights for pedestrian access to the church. The church sits within the parish burial ground, which is owned and maintained by Perth & Kinross Council.

There is a mains electricity supply, now contracted for domestic use with Ecotricity; the church is connected to the private village water supply. We understand that mains water is available close by. Drainage is to a septic tank in the adjoining field.

Commercial EPC rating - G2200

Viewing is strictly by appointment. To arrange a view contact Thorntons New Homes Team newhomes@thorntons-law.co.uk or call 03330 430090.

  • EPC Rating: G
  • Tenure: Freehold
  • PSPC Ref: 962030
Resources
Viewing & Enquiries
Viewing: Contact Solicitor
Thorntons P
Tel: 01738 443456
Request Viewing by Email
Location Map
View on: Google Maps | OpenStreetMap | Ordnance Survey | Bing Maps
Note: maps supplied by external sites and should be taken only as an indication of the location.

Carse of Gowrie, Inchture, Errol, Longforgan, St. Madoes

Carse of Gowrie, Inchture, Errol, Longforgan, St. MadoesThe Carse of Gowrie, flanked by the Sidlaw Hills and the magnificent River Tay, has seen the rapid expansion of numerous long-established villages over the past 20 years or so, with developers spurred on by demand from commuters making for work in Dundee and Perth.
Near Perth and a few miles downriver from the distinctive landmark of Kinnoull Hill, the communities of St Madoes and Glencarse are separated by the A90 dual carriageway which links the big cities which bookend the Carse.
Around the midway mark and off the main road is Errol, with the 1831 "Cathedral of the Carse" the most distinctive village landmark.
Closer to the City of Discovery are the by-passed villages of Inchture, renowned for its avenue of 19th Century Giant Redwood trees, and Longforgan, with its A-listed Mercat Cross and traditional whitewashed cottages providing a reminder of times past.

PSPC sold over 532 Perthshire properties in 2022
PSPC have over 5 decades of local knowledge

©2000 to 2024 Perthshire Solicitors Property Centre and its licensees. All rights reserved. The content on this page is protected by intellectual property laws. Your use of this website is subject to our Terms of Use.

Registered in Scotland No. 204626

Perth Estate Agents | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Cookies

Design: Plexus Media Ltd, Inverness | Credits | Switch off 2024 CSS

PSPC